Google PageRank Update
Google updated their PageRank Toolbar yesterday and everyone is talking about it. So if you are interested in finding out what your Google PageRank is, then you can use this Page Rank Checker to find out. Google PageRank updates about every 3 months, the last Google PageRank update took place in February.
What You Should Know About Google’s PageRank
Barry Schwartz from seroundtable talks about his opinion on the Google PageRank saying, “Google keeps telling them not to worry about PageRank but SEOs don’t hear or listen. They think SEO is all about PageRank, when you and I know it has very little to do with PageRank. Especially Toolbar PageRank which is a fictional character used by Google’s marketing department.” He also said “Although it has no immediate impact on rankings and is way out of date, many webmasters and SEOs take pride in their Toolbar PageRank.” Other SEO Companies and Bloggers see it differently, they believe that web pages that are more “important” receive a higher PageRank. Once you have a higher pagerank, you are more likely to show up at the top of the search results.
Ways To Increase Your Google Pagerank:
1. Increase number of Backlinks to your site
2. Monitor the quality of your Backlinks. Make sure your Backlinks have a high PR.
3. Number of pages that the sites linking to you, have linked to them.
4. Monitor how user friendly your site is. If your site is not user friendly, it would be unlikely for you to have a high PR.
5. Submit your website to premium relevant directories as possible.
6. Have a clear site structure and site message.
7. Get your website on as many of the top social media sites you can.
8. Use your original content to start article marketing. This will help your link building campaign.
I have had this domain since February of 2011, and launched the site in April. We have had our pagerank bumped up twice since launch. Once in August of 2011 to a PR1, then again in November of 2011 to a PR3. Our Pagerank stayed the same for the last two Google updates.
Have you seen an increase or decrease in your PageRank? Let us know.